Windows Azure Blob Storage

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:45 AM
I have the key for my Windows Azure blog storage; however, I have no idea what to use for the Account Name - I have tried every combination that I can think of with no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

David Roh
JK@SoftwareByDavid.com
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2008 at 1:16 AM
You need to create a new storage project (New Project -> Storage Account). Then use the name of that project.

e.g. if your endpoint is http://foobar.blob.core.windows.net, the account name is foobar.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:46 PM, davidjjon <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have the key for my Windows Azure blog storage; however, I have no idea what to use for the Account Name - I have tried every combination that I can think of with no joy.

David Roh
JK@SoftwareByDavid.com

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spaceblock@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spaceblock@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 26, 2008 at 11:42 AM
Edited Nov 26, 2008 at 11:50 AM
Thanks for the quick response and help.

The account name is UniqueBlob the key is oHXpN9lrOt/xpNBhxY4bAcjgKLC2l6i+uXyDS74iKsdbXnkkcqxwGH9KoDbL68+Ct2Aorzi/JTer3PEm1TocAQ==

The end point is http://unique.blob.core.windows.net

It still does not work for me.

I go to Options -> new -> add the account name and key and click Save.

CodePlex.Resourceful.CodePlexException: Settings for '(new)' are not valid: [OutOfRangeInput] One of the request inputs is out of range.. ---> CodePlex.Resourceful.Amazon.S3.S3Exception: [OutOfRangeInput] One of the request inputs is out of range.
   at CodePlex.Resourceful.Microsoft.Azure.AzureBlobStorageConnection.Assert(ClientResponse response, HttpStatus expectedStatus)
   at CodePlex.Resourceful.Microsoft.Azure.AzureBlobStorageConnection.ListContainers()
   at CodePlex.SpaceBlock.FS.AzureBlobStorageFileSystem.EnsureValid()
   at CodePlex.SpaceBlock.FS.AzureBlobStorageFileSystem.get_Caption()
   at CodePlex.SpaceBlock.UI.Controls.Tools.OptionsForm.OnSave()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CodePlex.SpaceBlock.UI.Controls.Tools.OptionsForm.OnSave()
   at CodePlex.SpaceBlock.UI.Controls.BaseForm.<>c__DisplayClassb.<>c__DisplayClassd.<SetupDialogWork>b__8()

David Roh
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Hmm, I'm seeing the same thing over here with those credentials.  Have you tried regenerating your primary key?  remember you can use your secondary key as well.

You can use the underlying Resourceful library to debug the actual http calls made.  e.g. code looking like this:

AzureBlobStorageClient c = new AzureBlobStorageClient("UniqueBlob", key);
c.Tracer.AddListener(Console.Out);
c.GetContainers();

yields a request/response like this:

GET /?comp=list HTTP/1.1
Host:uniqueblob.blob.core.windows.net
User-Agent:CodePlex.Resourceful.Client 0.0.2 (http://www.codeplex.com/resourceful)
x-ms-date:Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:52:26 GMT
Authorization:SharedKey UniqueBlob:zzBPb/73fD7znflPy/QSMwhKPihsuxNNwkDSmSE9VYQ=

400 One of the request inputs is out of range.
x-ms-request-id:0bc9f12d-a0f1-44c5-af4d-3aac2f4ff9b2
Content-Length:145
Content-Type:application/xml
Date:Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:52:45 GMT
Server:Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Error><Code>OutOfRangeInput</Code><Message>One of the request inputs is out of range.</Message></Error>

You may want to use the request-id (0bc9f12d-a0f1-44c5-af4d-3aac2f4ff9b2 for the above) to post on a microsoft forum for help.

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Hi John,

I got in by using the Azure project name unique instead of the blob project name uniqueblob

I will regenerate the key this evening - I'm in Texas

It's a great tool that I really need - thank you very much for sharing it.

David Roh