unnamed folder error

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:40 AM
hello,$0fired up SB but it isnt showing contents of buckets (which list fine)..   however, im sure its due to a folder with no name, which was created by a S3/php class script..  (plus, i cant delete the folder, at least via firefox extension)..    any suggestions would be very appreciated!$0$0$0$0$0vin$0
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Hi there - would you mind explaining this a bit further?

- Can you list your buckets? (top-level folders in spaceblock)
 - Can you list your bucket with the problematic subfolder?
 - Is the problem that your subfolder is simply hidden?

You should be able to delete a bucket and all of its contents, no matter how problematic, by right-clicking the bucket (top-level folder) and choosing delete.

Hope that helps,
- John
Sep 28, 2008 at 6:06 PM
hi john, $0$0$0$0-yes the buckets/top-level list fine$0$0-nope, the bucket with the problem subfolder doesnt list, just shows 'loading...'$0$0-subfolder isnt hidden as far as i can tell from s3fox$0$0$0$0$0i need to keep the contents of the bucket, and ive tried deleting the unnamed subfolder via SB, but it prompts 'unhandled exception' error..  here's the first block of details,  thanks again!$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0************** Exception Text **************$0$0System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.$0$0   at CodePlex.SpaceBlock.UI.Controls.Explore.BrowserControl.<BrowserControl_Load>b__19(Object , EventArgs ) in C:\in\projects\software\net\codeplex\spaceblock\Releases\0.0.2\Source\CodePlex.SpaceBlock.UI\Controls\Explore\BrowserControl.cs:line 604$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)$0$0   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)$0$0$0$0$0
Sep 28, 2008 at 6:09 PM
sorry bout the post $0 problem-  wonder if its google chrome doing that?$0$0$0
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2008 at 6:18 PM
I'm curious as to what the bucket listing looks like, can you log on to http://s3.amazonaws.com/my.bucket/index.html  and use the "list bucket" command to find out the name of the key (or keys) inside your bucket that are causing the problem? 

I don't need the other keys, just the problematic ones - also feel free to scramble everything but the slashes ('/') before sending.  (use the codeplex contact link on my profile page)

Thanks,
- John