Virtual Drive

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:58 PM
I was under the empression that Spaceblock would create a virtual drive that I could access from windows from any program that would make S3 pretty much like a local drive. The goal was to use this virtual drive to put my retrospect backup file into which is updated with the deltas/changes on my computer every night. I have spaceblock working and installed and accessing S3 however I can not seem to locate the drive or the folder on my PC. I have been able to transfer files from the PC to S3 no problem from within spaceblock. Let me know if I am missing something and where the virtual drive/folder would be located or if all files have to be transferred from within spaceblock application by selection and then clicking transfer. - Thanks, James
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2008 at 11:09 PM
The "virtual drive" terminology on the home page is a bit misleading based on what the application currently does (a basic ftp-like front-end for transfers to/from S3 accounts). I've just updated the project description to make things clearer.

This application will almost certainly have a "sync" feature at some point - but probably not a drive accessible via Windows (take a look at Jungledisk for something like that).

Hope that helps!
- John